Saturday, January 31, 2009

Local Jewelry Designer Spotlight


Amy Leff is a local jewelry artist, designer and metal smith. Her feminine handcrafted pieces have become a favorite of many of our customers. Pictured above are a few of her new pieces that we just got in. On the left is a sterling silver tulip necklace ($110). In the middle is mixed metal necklace that features a sterling silver square inside a gold-filled circle on a sterling silver chain($65) and matching small round gold-filled earrings ($65). Finally, on the right is a sterling silver gold-filled 2 tone dropping leaf necklace on a gold-filled chain ($115) paired with matching gold-filled leaf earrings ($65).



Amy says, “Throwing Stars Jewelry is a reflection about where I am in my life. I’m a working mom, and when I throw on clothes in the morning, I don’t have much time to think accessories. And that’s my business, jewelry! Usually, jewelry is the last thing on my mind while I’m trying to run out the door in the morning.”

“The jewelry I design is meant to be worn with practically everything, whether it’s a sweater and skinny jeans, a suit, or even something fun for cocktails. I’d even argue you can wear a bunch of pieces working out, if that floats your boat!”

Amy’s description of her line is perfect and if her story sounds similar to yours I’m sure you will adore all of her different pieces. If you are in love with any of the ones above and would like to place an order please call me at (678) 309-9550.